Thursday, October 24, 2019

I Spy A Couple More Finishes!

 I Spy Quilts x 2
40 x 48


 When the first grandkids were born about 15 years ago I joined an I Spy swap group. I always made sure to participate in the ABC  I Spy swaps and over the years I've received several sets of ABC...6.5 inch squares.  And over the years I've made several I Spy quilts with them for grandkids, grandparents and grand nieces and nephews.  

I like to give them as shower gifts along with hardback ABC, color, number and shape books. 

I try to include all colors as borders so colors can be included in any I Spy games. 
 I iron on fuzzy letters of the alphabet next to the square with the item that starts with that letter and make sure each letter is firmly attached before gift giving. 
 Since 30 blocks make up a quilt and there are only 26 letters of the alphabet I fill in at beginning and end with letter and number fabrics. 
And here's the backs. 

I made these tops last year to use up the last of the ABC sets I have. I no longer participate in those swaps. I kept forgetting to buy those iron on letters so they have been in the UFO pile for awhile. A couple of nephews and wives are due to deliver before year end so I'm glad these are now finished. 

for

8 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Ever productive! I like your idea of adding the fuzzy letters.

sue s said...

I've been making these as gifts for the 2yo in my life and they just love them! I say, the more color the better! Yours look great.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Go Cathy Go!!!!! So many wonderful finishes (tops and quilts) lately.

Quilting Babcia said...

You've been on a fabulous finishing frenzy this month! Wonderful!

Linda said...

I always love your Happy Blocks Quilts and these are two more that are great. Lucky family babies. So now you’re off to 7 finishes. Will you reach my prediction of 9? 😏

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Your I Spy quilts are terrific and it's such a good idea to join a swap to build an I Spy stash!

Louise said...

Your old swap blocks are the gift that keeps on giving :)

Sandy Panagos said...

I-Spy quilts are so fun. Great backings, too.