Thursday, March 14, 2024

Orphan Alice To The Finish Line

Orphan Alice
Orphan Block Row Quilt
40 x 49

It's a finish blowing in the wind!


I don't think I made any of the blocks in this one. 

I quilted it with swirls on my DSM (Brother PQ1500SL). 

I was going to make a scrappy binding but I didn't have enough bits and pieces in my leftover binding box so made use of an old tan calico. 

The backing is turquoise with gold swirls - in the fabric as well as ones I made with the quilting. 

The theme this month in my sewing space is March Madness (Quilting) Marathon.  I'm going to concentrate on finishing up a lot of the small tops I have in the TBQ (to be quilted) pile.  They will then be donated to:




*****
CELEBRATE! (My word of the year)

March 13 - I think I have the serenity to accept the things I cannot change. (Still working on the courage to change the things I can).  

6 comments:

Elle said...

I continue to be marveled at the silk purses you create from the cast-offs of others. This quilt is FABULOUS! It feels so happy to look at :-)

Happy stitching!

Nann said...

This is that answer to "Alice doesn't live here any more"! I think she's moved on to a better neighborhood -- this one.

Linda said...

Love how you have put these orphan blocks together - brilliant!

Chantal said...

Alice lives in a very nice neighbourhood. So cheerful with all the funny "people" in the windows. I live in the house with the giraffe and the tiger, because my house feels like a zoo lately! Lol. Great job, Cathy! Enjoy! ;^)

Mystic Quilter said...

I always enjoy seeing orphan quilts! and I like the row format with this one of yours here.

Pamela Arbour said...

Oh I love it. I've heard of orphan blocks, but I have never heard of their storage space as the orphanage. I like that term of endearment.