Thursday, March 28, 2024

Another Monkey Wrench - Pinks on Point


Pinks on Point
Monkey Wrenches
43 x 43

It's a finish!


For the last couple of years one of my Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC) projects has been Monkey Wrench block in three different sizes - 5 inch, 7.5 inch and 10 inch.  It's always fun to make blocks from scraps until I have a big pile of them. Then it's always fun to see how many donation/comfort quilts I can make from those piles. 

This one has pink 7.5 inch blocks. 

I quilted it with a lot of horizontal, vertical and diagonal lines because there's a lot of batting pieces inside the quilt. 

The back is pieced too. 

Pink always brings back memories of the granddaughters when they were younger. They just loved everything pink. I think it might have been one of their first words.  The word giggle reminds me of them too. They were five weeks apart in age and spent most weekends and the summers here at the farm. I used to love to hear their giggling - music to my ears. 

The theme this month in my sewing space is March Madness (Quilting) Marathon.  I'm going to concentrate on finishing up a lot of the small tops I have in the TBQ (to be quilted) pile.  They will then be donated to:





And sew on...



***
CELEBRATE! (My word of the year)

March 27 - Memories. I'm glad I have lots of them. I've mostly edited out the bad ones now and so have more room in mind for more good ones. 

Memories, pressed between the pages of my mind
Memories, sweetened through the ages just like wine...
--lyrics from song Memories.

7 comments:

Sharon M said...

Your pink monkey wrench is perfect for any little girl. Just love it.
Your positive comments make my day. Sure wish I were your neighbor and friend.
Sharon M

Elle said...

Fabulous as always. It is a remarkable human quality to have the ability to filter off the negatives and enjoy the good people and experiences in this life long after the humans we love are gone and the experiences age.

I immediately thought of your beloved granddaughter. Sending you cyberhugs!

Julierose said...

Love your Pink Monkey wrenches and the way the colors fade in and out on this one...nice work hugs, Julierose

Nann said...

Four days to go and you'll cross that finish line!

Linda said...

Very pretty girly quilt. Strange how the majority of little girls adore pink. Our granddaughter only wanted to wear pink for two or three years. Hope you found sewing these pink blocks brought back some happy memories of your granddaughter.

Pamela Arbour said...

You went over the top with this one. The color placement, the block placement, and the quilting. I like the story too!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Lovely quilt, lovely day! Yes, you are so right to actively edit out the bad ones. Recently, my sister and I are trying to do that and establish a relationship we never had. Edit out and let it go so there is room for more good ones- such a healthy mindset.