Friday, March 29, 2024

Animal Crackers

Animal Crackers
30 Patches
40 x 60

They are finished! 

I actually started making these blocks in September 2020.  I used small animal prints and solids. 

Back in my September post I wrote: "I was inspired by Gretchen's (Gretchen's Little Corner) quilt she called Modern Amish and by Nann's (With Strings Attached) 30 patch quilt. Both quilts were inspired by a quilt called Sound Check by John Kubiniec (McCall's, March/April 2014). "

I quilted one with vertical and horizontal lines. 

And the other was quilted with diagonal lines. 

The backs have animals too. 



The theme this month in my sewing space is March Madness (Quilting) Marathon.  I'm going to concentrate on finishing up a lot of the small tops I have in the TBQ (to be quilted) pile.  They will then be donated to:





And sew on...




***
CELEBRATE! (My word of the year)

March 28 - Seeds. Plant them. Be witness to a miracle. Life.





 

12 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your quilts are so pretty, I like the name animal crackers.

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Wonderful happy finishes. Thanks for sharing the design links Have a great weekend.

Nann said...

Happy to help, even if I forgot I did so. (Wanda made a couple with Sound Check, too.) And now I think it's time to try another one.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are fun and happy finishes, Cathy! I like seeing the different ways you quilted them, and the wonderful backings, too. And I agree - watching things grow that I've planted always feels like a miracle!

Linda said...

Two more gorgeous finishes. Just looking at them made me smile - then I looked again and again at all the lovely fabrics and stunning colours. My goodness, Cathy, what a lot you have achieved this month. And we have two more days for you to weave your magic with your trusty DSM.

Julierose said...

Animal crackers is so cheery!! I love quilts that mainly use squares--fun to make and they always look super!! Nice job on these hugs, Julierose

Jenny said...

Another two beauties. That's a whole lot of quilting lines you have done, both ways look great.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Oh, what wonderful, happy, colorful quilts! I need to learn how to plant and grow seeds. It seem overwhelming.

Mystic Quilter said...

Two super finishes and the fabrics are perfect for two little ones. Both backings are ideal, my favourite is the buggy one though.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Love the name Animal Crackers and love the 30 patch approach! You are SO on a roll with your finishes!!! Take time to celebrate YOUR accomplishments.

quiltingbydawn said...

Your Animal Crackers make for a couple of great quilts for kids! Very generous of you to donate them to a few good causes!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Love them!!! what a fun way to showcase those happy prints and bright colors