Monday, March 11, 2024

It's A Finish! Orphan Imogene

In the pink with Orphan Imogene
It's a finish!
42 x 48

Last October I made several tops with orphan blocks. This has a lot of the pink ones. 

I used two different pink polka dot fabrics for the sashing. 

I quilted it on my DSM with pink three petaled flowers.  I had just enough of a chunk of pink and white fabric with triangles for the binding that kind of mimics the top and bottom flying geese borders. 

It has a pieced backing. 

This is the last of this fabric I bought when Hancock Fabrics went out of business in 2016. It reminds me of my granddaughters - one has moved away and one has passed away. I bought a lot of the deeply discounted fabric and used it in several quilts for my granddaughters and their cousins. 

The theme this month in my sewing space is March Madness (Quilting) Marathon.  I'm going to concentrate on finishing up a lot of the small tops I have in the TBQ (to be quilted) pile.  They will then be donated to:




*****
CELEBRATE! (My word of the year)

March 10 - Finished the book I Have To Save Them by Ellie Midwood, a WWII historical novel based on the true story of Aurelia "Orli" Reichart Wald nicknamed the Angel of Auschwitz.   It is "an inspiring story of the resiliency of the human spirit and unbreakable bond of friendship in the darkest of times." It is "the powerful tale of a woman who risked everything to fight against evil". I have read most of Ellie Midwood's WWII historical novels based on true stories of courageous people confronted by very wicked people. 

 

9 comments:

Nann said...

The polka-dot triangle borders add a nice dimension (to say nothing of extra length) for this cheerful quilt. Great backing fabric.

Linda said...

This is such a pretty “girly” quilt, Cathy. Love it. Nice to remember how many previous quilts used the discounted alphabet fabric for a backing.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I hope this quilt makes it to someone who really loves pink. Great backing fabric.

Chantal said...

Imogene looks good all quilted with flowers. Love the binding print. It looks like you added tiny weeny triangles and it brings everything together. I have to check this Ms Ellie Midwood next time I'm at the library. Have a great day. ;^)

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Aah so pretty in pink . Beautiful job. Enjoy your day.

Helenchaffin said...

Now that's pretty! I'm working on orphans & UFOs today😄

Astrid said...

Congrats on another pretty finish! A little girl sure will love this one.

Pamela Arbour said...

The pink polka dot was the perfect sashing! Great job!

mangozz said...

The backing fabric is perfect and those pink polka dots!