Saturday, March 9, 2024

Another Monkey Wrench At The Finish Line

Monkey Wrench
It's a finish! 
40 x 50

Throughout 2022 and 2023 one of my Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC) projects was Monkey Wrench blocks in three different sizes made with scraps in the color of the month.   This one has purple and lime green ten inch  blocks. 

Purple is this month's RSC color. I'm not going to get any purple blocks made this month because I'm trying to quilt a small quilt every day this month. I'll be making purple and April's color blocks next month to catch up. 

I quilted it on my DSM with horizontal, vertical and diagonal lines. 


The backing and binding are also purple and lime green. 

The theme this month in my sewing space is March Madness (Quilting) Marathon.  I'm going to concentrate on finishing up a lot of the small tops I have in the TBQ (to be quilted) pile.  They will then be donated to:




And sew on...



******
CELEBRATE! (my word of the year)

March 8 - A nice gentle rain most of the day. I've been working out in the gardens and I know the soil needed it. 


 

15 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

A very beautiful quilt. The colors and pattern work so well all together. The beautiful light in the background does not hurt. Great finish!

Susie H said...

We enjoyed the rain here too yesterday. Mom wasn't even too upset with rain falling on her hairdo day! Lol! That's a beautiful quilt. I love purples & limes together!!!

Julierose said...

We are waiting on the rain forecasted here--
Your quilt is so pretty in those Spring-ey colors of purple and greens...
nice work hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Purple and lime green are a great color combination and they made a pretty finish! I'm so impressed with your goal of quilting one quilt a day this month. I'm just trying to get one top to the quilting stage, and keep putting it off!

Katy Sweigart said...

I don’t often comment, but I keep up daily. I love all your scrappy quilts, so inspiring! And you are so prolific! Thanks for your lovely posts every day. 😊

grammajudyb said...

My favorite color combination! Purple and green! Best of luck on the March Madness goal! My money’s on you! !

Nann said...

I am partial to purple and lime, and to monkey wrench blocks. The backing fabric is great!

Linda said...

I’m loving everyone of your Monkey Wrench quilts but this one has to be my favourite. Love the spring greens and purples - saying “ Here comes Spring” to me.

Astrid said...

Congrats on finishing another pretty quilt! Purple and lime are beautiful together. It's raining off and on here today and more rain and thunderstorms predicted the next couple of days. Happy creative weekend!

Jenny said...

This one looks great too. Congratulations on your March Marathon Madness, it will be interesting to get your final tally at the end of the month.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

I love looking at all the varieties of fabrics in your blocks! So fun!

Lynn said...

A lovely quilt, purple looks great with the greens. Great goal with the quilting, best of luck.

Pamela Arbour said...

Oh my! We are only 1/3 of the way through March and you have already completed a stack of quilts! Love them all. I wonder how tall your stack of quilts will be?

Mari said...

Great-looking monkey wrench! Purple and green always go so well together. Wonderful finish!

mangozz said...

Purple and lime is a great combination and your backing fabric is perfect.