Friday, March 15, 2024

Orphan Barney Finish

Orphan Barney
It's a finish!
42 x 48

I made this top and several others last year when I was working to clear out the block orphanage.  Every so often some folks send me orphan blocks and I put them in the orphanage until it gets full and then I dig in and see if I can put any blocks together into a quilt or two or three.  Last year I surprised myself and made 13 orphan block tops.  I did not make any of the blocks in this quilt. 

I quilted this one with vertical lines. I had just enough of a muticolor fabric to use for the binding. And the backing is a sweet patchwork fabric. 

The theme this month in my sewing space is March Madness (Quilting) Marathon.  I'm going to concentrate on finishing up a lot of the small tops I have in the TBQ (to be quilted) pile.  They will then be donated to:




*****
CELEBRATE! (My word of the year)

March 14 - A little birdie stork has told me grand niece Ari has finally made an entrance into the world weighing in at 8 lb. 11 oz. 



 

5 comments:

Julierose said...

Congrats on your new little family member!! How wonderful;)))
hugs, Julierose

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Barney is an awesome orphan! the quilting is perfect for this one!!
and congrats on the new baby - such a fun time

Linda said...

A lovely fresh-lookingquilt. It’s amazing how orphan blocks can come together to make a pretty quilt. Congratulations on the latest addition to your family.

Jenny said...

A new quilt, and a new family baby, wonderful!

Nann said...

A Barney arises from the Rubble? LOL.