Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Smooth Sailing

 

Smooth Sailing
It's a finish!
40 x 48


This is one of several quilt tops I made back in December from gifted fish themed fabrics. 

I made a few sailboats with white sails and a boat made of whatever 2.5 inch scraps were laying around on the cutting mat at the time.  I had a couple of different sky looking bits and pieces to use for the sky. 

I quilted it with waves on my DSM (Brother PQ1500SL).

And on the back I think you will find Dory. 

The theme this month in my sewing space is March Madness (Quilting) Marathon.  I'm going to concentrate on finishing up a lot of the small tops I have in the TBQ (to be quilted) pile.  They will then be donated to:





And sew on...


*****
CELEBRATE! (my word of the year)

March 18 - Surprise! I received a roll of batting 96 x 9 yds.  And I thought I would not be able to quilt one quilt per day this month because yesterday I was about out of batting. I have been pin basting and the last two quilts I basted yesterday had frankenbatts. Then yesterday afternoon like magic batting arrived at my door. Now I think I will be able to finish 31 quilts for kids in March!!!  I can't believe my good fortune. I am thankful. There's sure a lot of good folks in the world! 




8 comments:

marilyn said...

You're on a tangent. I hope you reach your goal. I love looking at the quilts you have made. Thank you for sharing.

Julierose said...

I just love this sailboat and fishies quilt--beautiful work on this, Cathy.
Hugs, Julierose

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Love this one!!
and WOW - Timing is often times amazing right? Go you!!!

Chantal said...

I love your waves. It gives the impression that the fish are swimming. Great fabric for the back too. That roll of batting is paid forward. With all the quilts you give so generously to charities you've earned this gift. God bless. ;^)

Jenny said...

This sail boat one is fabulous! How kind of your fairy godmother to send you just what you needed, and at the right time too.

Linda said...

How funny - I was thinking about your batting yesterday, wondering if the last roll of batting had run our yet.you are turning quilts out so quickly I couldn’t imagine you had any left. So pleased to hear a Batting Fairy had arranged another roll to be delivered to you. The sailing boats, fishes and sky quilt is great. Gosh, Cathy - you are going great guns!

Ann said...

Cute sailboats. What kind friends you have to send that much batting.

Nann said...

Whatever floats these boats . . . a great finish. And how wonderful to get a roll of batting just in time!