Thursday, July 13, 2023

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah!

Zip
It's a flimsy!
60 x 81

Squares and Rectangles
is the theme in my sewing room this month to move scraps and UFOs forward.
 
I pulled this Zip block set that fits the theme out of my SAR (Some Assembly Required) box and assembled a top. The block set has been in the SAR since November 2022. I think I started making blocks in January 2022. 

The Zip block instructions can be found at Klein Meisje Quilts.

Lots of scraps were used in this one. 
I made a few blocks each month in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC) color of the month. 

And sew on...

 

5 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's fun and happy! I've been making zipper blocks this and enjoy sewing them up. Thanks for the inspiration, Cathy!

Linda said...

The Zipper Block is a great choice for a RSC project. Yours work so well because you have made the “teeth” in each block from solid fabrics, which means they show up so beautifully in the finished top. Well done, Cathy. Another winner in the pipeline.

Chantal said...

Great job, Cathy. I too get inspired by Lynn. Like you, she makes fun quilts. Thanks for the inspiration once again. ;^)

maggie fellow said...

your scrappy choices make this shine - congrats

Laura said...

Bright and happy! Love this, Cathy! :)