Sunday, July 9, 2023

Hooray For The Red, White And Blue

It's a flimsy!
Hooray for the red, white and blue!
64 x 80

Squares and Rectangles
is the theme in my sewing room this month to move scraps and UFOs forward.

This one is made of 4 Patches made of 2.5 inch squares consisting of scraps in reds, whites (well a few creams did sneak in) and blues. 

If it was a scrap in red, white or blue it was fair game for this quilt. 

Geometrics, plaids, stripes, florals, civil war repros, '30s repros, patriotic...a melting pot of scraps.



And sew on...


 

11 comments:

Rebecca Grace said...

Oh WOW, Cathy! All those little squares! This is a fabulous finish. Congratulations!

Linda In UK said...

Amazing quilt! I bet you know how many little squares there are in the quilt too.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

This one is great! A wonderful inspiration for all those 2.5 inch leaders/enders I have! :)

Anonymous said...

I have a small pile for red, white and blue 4 patches. But I have a ways to go before it will be a flimsy! Beautiful!

Jenny said...

Hooray indeed! This looks great.

Pamela Arbour said...

Ooooh, that's a lot of squares. Sew inspiring!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Love this one!! and your new monthly theme!!
You are rocking the themes this year - I am impressed!!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Love your new monthly theme and this flimsy certainly stole my heart. It is a beauty!

Quilter Kathy said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Simple 4 patches turned into an amazing scrap quilt!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Hurray indeed! It is lovely.

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

Oh my Goodness!!! This is quite the achievement. You have such patience to pull this all together. I really love the R W & B colors. Are you keeping this beauty??