Sunday, July 16, 2023

Long Stitching Finished


Over the years before retirement I picked up quite a few embroidery kits at the thrift stores thinking it might be nice to have a stash of different things to work on in retirement.   I've been retired for six years now so finally decided to dig into the stash of kits and work on a few of them. 

I blogged about this one a couple of weeks ago - a long stitch embroidery kit to make a pillow.  I've finished the stitching and have set it aside for now until I decide if I want to make it into a pillow. At this point I think I will but for now it is in the TBC pile....To Be Continued...

I found several different stamped pillowcases in my thrift store retirement fund kit bin and have started working on those.


 

10 comments:

Linda said...

This is beautiful. Those strawberries look so real, I felt as though I could reach onto the screen, pick one up and eat it! Sensible to set it aside and let yourself decide exactly what you want to do with this lovely piece.

Anonymous said...

A perfect project for strawberry season! I hope you can find a way to use this in an item you can display! Gail at the Cozy Quilter

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I always loved the look of the long stitch embroideries but for some reason never did any in my many years of hand embroidering/crewel embroidery. This one is especially pretty because it is strawberries. I see it was an Erica Wilson embroidery. I have several of her books on embroidery and used them for ideas for original designs and of course using her wonderful stitch patterns.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a pretty design, Cathy! I haven't heard of long stitch before. I'll have to look up how that's done. Enjoy your stitching today!

Karrin Hurd said...

Beautiful stitching. I hadn't heard of long stitch either. Happy stitching!

Quilter Kathy said...

So so pretty! Congrats on finishing this treasure!

CathieJ said...

This is such a beautiful piece. I am glad you have dug into your retirements stash after waiting 6 years. Enjoy your stitching.

Jenny said...

You have such fun names for your piles of unfinished projects. Embroidered pillowcases sound interesting I really must check out the OP shops for treasures that other people seem to find.

Sharon M said...

Beautiful. The embroidery is so interesting. Great job.
Sharon M

Nann said...

I see that it's an Erica Wilson design. I remember when her books and kits were so popular.