Friday, July 21, 2023

Paper Chain Finish


It's a finish!
Paper Chains
60 x 78

Most of the pieces came from a bag of 2 inch squares I received last year as well as some of my own squares.   At around the same time I received the squares someone posted a link to the Paper Chains pattern at Wedding Dress Blue blog.   So I guess I was meant to make Paper Chains.

I finished the top in May 2022.

And now I've finished the quilt -- quilted on my DSM with spirals. 

The binding is scrappy and all of it came out of my leftover bindings bin.


The backing is a gentlly used sheet that came from the thrift store. 

And now it is ready for donation. 

I think I will keep this block in mind for a baby quilt and use some of the pastel, mostly pink, 2 inch squares. 

And sew on...


 

13 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

I am so impressed by the amount of finishes!!

Linda said...

Gorgeous! Great way to use those 2” squares. Like the idea of a baby quilt using pastels.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like that pattern.

maggie fellow said...

lots of scrappy goodness - nice

Deanna said...

Great quilt! I love your version. My tub of 2" squares is reaching capacity, which means it is nearly time for me to make another one, too.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is a great one!! and it fits with your theme!
Love the backing ( of course haha)

Nann said...

Another great finish, Cathy.

Chantal said...

What a scrap buster this quilt is. I'm making one as I write this and I can say that I will definitely make more than one with this pattern. It's a fun and fast pattern. Congrats on the finish! ;^)

Gretchen Weaver said...

I love this quilt! You've posted about this design before and I made a practice block. I really want to make one someday, thanks for the information. Happy stitching!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Paper Chain is gorgeous, Cathy! I just love all that scrappy color. I have made a few practice blocks of these, and it looks like I need a lot more! Thanks for the inspiration!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Love, love all those scrappy print squares. Still reminds me of gum wrapper chains I made so happily as a kid. The scrappy binding is delicious!

Jenny said...

Zillions of lovely colourful squares! You are on a roll indeed. I think you need to take a short coffee break now to get your breath back.

mangozz said...

This design makes a beautiful quilt and a good project for all of those squares too!