Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Are We There Yet?

Are We There Yet?
Yes, we've arrived at the finish line!

Happy Blocks
Transportation themed
40 x 60

Happy Blocks with 6.5 inch transportation themed centers and 2.5 inch sides in plaids and stripes.  Centers were from I Spy swaps long long ago. I cut the sides from scraps back in December 2022 and assembled the blocks in January 2023.

And this month I quilted it on my DSM with swirls. 

Then I added a striped binding.

The backing is a green checkered fabric.

Now it's ready for donation.

And sew on...

 

10 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Oh, what a fun quilt! Some child is going to adore it.

Julierose said...

How cute is this one !! Love the transportation themed blocks--nice work!! Hugs, Julierose

Nann said...

Charming fun!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is so cute!! and what a great way to use novelties!!!!

Linda said...

Great quilt. Love Happy blocks and your transportation fabrics are super. I had a piece of the aeroplane fabric - all used up now!

Jenny said...

Just right for a boy! It's great that you had enough squares in this theme to get a decent sized quilt.

swooze said...

What a great quilt!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Such a darling quilt, Cathy. You have given me some ideas.Thank you for sharing this sweet quilt

Cindy B said...

oh my! What cute & cuddly quilt! I just want to wrap up in it!

Allison said...

What a great idea to have an I-Spy quilt with a theme. The plaids and stripes look just right!