Monday, April 18, 2022

Stringing Stars Finish!

Stringing Stars
It's a finish!
68 x 68


This one used up a lot of the longer darker strings and most of the neutral strings. 

I quilted it on my DSM with spirals.



Stringing Stars is a donation quilt.

I used a dark scrappy binding. I normally sew bindings on donation quilts down by machine BUT for this one I forgot and sewed the binding to the front (to be turned to the back and hand stitched down) instead of the back (to be turned to the front and machine stitched down). So I ended up sewing the binding down by hand.   That was fine by me because I actually needed a hand work project for the evening. Lately I have just not felt like preparing a quilt for hand quilting and I just lie on the couch and watch TV at night instead. I need to dig myself out of that slump and get back with some hand work. 

The backing is leaves and twigs in the snow. And darn it we had a dusting of snow last night so good thing I took these pictures the other day. 

And sew on...

 

12 comments:

Nann said...

LOL -- I read that as "singing stars" and peered closer to look for music-themed fabric. Then I reread "strining." Great design and use of strings!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

This is so pretty!!!

Linda said...

A very striking Star Gazer quilt. ⭐️⭐️

Quilting Babcia said...

So pretty, I need to begin another string project, thanks for sharing the link to the pattern. I understand totally what you mean by the slump, the baby quilt I started hand quilting after finishing my diamond jubilee has been sitting on the table next to the recliner untouched for the last six weeks or so, sigh.

gayle said...

Ok, pattern duly downloaded - like I need another project... But yours is sooooo pretty. And soooo tempting...

Sharon Kwilter said...

What a pretty scrap quilt.

DJ said...

So beautiful! Inspiring for me as I have lots of strings to use up somehow. Thanks for the pattern link. What brand DSM do you use to do the quilting?

mangozz said...

Nice! I love string quilts and you used such pretty neutrals. The backing is beautiful too. It must have been hard quilting over all of those seams on your DSM though.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Simply stunning, Cathy! Front and back!!

Laura said...

Great contrast between the stars and background, and so much scrappy goodness! Someone is going to love being the recipient of this one! :)

Anonymous said...

Absolutely fabulous!

QuiltGranma said...

Love your string stars. Sew beautiful!