Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Paper Chains, Bow Ties and Coins. Oh My!

Remember the other day when I mentioned I was going to use some gifted 2 inch squares as well as my own squares to make Paper Chains? 


Moving right along I now have 7 dozen six inch Paper Chain blocks and I'm aiming for 130 of them. 

Maybe I will meet my goal next week if I keep at it. 

I've also been making little 3 inch (finished) Bow Ties for my collection. I've mostly been pulling out all the shorter 2 inch width pieces from the scrap bin and if there is enough for a Bow Tie (2 x 5) then I cut those Bow Tie pieces first. 

After I cut the Bow Tie pieces if there is enough left to cut a 2 inch square then I do. If not and the piece left is less than a 2 inch square but at least 1 x 2 then...

...it gets set aside for awhile and then eventually gets sewn into a strip that will eventually probably get made into a Chinese Coin quilt.  Those itty bitty pieces eventually add up! And it is kind of fun to see what shows up in a less than 2 inch square. 

I'm itching to start a couple of new things but I'm making myself complete those Paper Chain blocks first. 

And sew on...

 

6 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

oooh delightful scrappy projects!

Linda said...

You continually surprise me with the speed at which you work and how you turn out so many lovely blocks in such a short time. All great.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I really like those Paper Chain blocks, and am looking at how they're constructed. Who doesn't have lots of squares to use up that way?! Did you make them from 2 inch squares, sewn into 4 patches, and combine with one 3.5 inch square? I can see that in certain spots you need a strategically placed light square to keep the design going, too. I'm going to have to play with those!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I love all the wonderful scrap projects, especially the paper chain.

gayle said...

(Adding paper chains to my to-do list...)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I liek them all - but that paper chain.... that is calling me......