Saturday, April 2, 2022

In The Pink

Pink is the Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC) color for April.  Most of my pink scraps are larger pieces - most between 4.5 and 5 inches in width so I decided to pair the pinks up with some gray scraps and then see how many Four Patches of four inch (finished) HSTs I could make. 

I was thinking I might have enough blocks for a twin sized donation quilt - maybe 63 eight inch (finished) blocks set 7 x 9 ?????


So far I have 38 blocks and still have scraps so I may be able to stretch those scraps to meet my goal of 63 blocks. Some blocks may not contain four HSTs all the same. 

When I am finished with these blocks I will then probably have smaller pink scraps to make some of my smaller RSC blocks in pink. 


 

19 comments:

Linda said...

Some delicious pink scraps in there, Cathy. Love the pink and grey combination.

Libby in TN said...

Groovy! Reminds me of when that combo was the height of fashion. (Tho I can't remember when that was ...)

Julie in GA said...

Great way to use those chunks of pink! I love pink and grey together.

Nann said...

Great combination, Cathy. And thanks for the RSC notice (I keep forgetting to tune into So Scrappy.)

The Joyful Quilter said...

Oh... I really like the PINK and gray together!! Best of meeting your goal, Cathy.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Pink and gray is a pretty combination! Those HST 4 patches have some fun design possibilities!

Deb A said...

I always love the pink and grey combo! Your blocks are looking great.

grammajudyb said...

There is a very pretty quilt in that pile of four-patch HST! I'm anxious to see the finish! You are amazing!

Anonymous said...

Looking good!

Linda Swanekamp said...

I have been working with pinks the last couple of days making some baby quilts. Pulling from my collection of 5" cut scraps and some yardage. I will make it work.

Jenny said...

Your pink and grey combo look great together.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Nice idea for pink and gray scraps!

Linda said...

Here in the UK I think pink and grey were popular colours for decorating in the 1950s.

Quilter Kathy said...

Such wonderful fabrics! This will make a fabulous quilt!

O'Quilts said...

very nice xo

mangozz said...

I love pink and grey together! Does it take you long to decide on a new block to start making?

scraphappy said...

The pink and grey look great together.

QuiltGranma said...

I too love pink and gray together. This is going to be really nice!

Sandy Panagos said...

What a great idea. Pink and gray look great together!