Thursday, April 7, 2022

Crumb Star Finish


Crumb Stars
42 x 60
It's a finish!

I didn't make the Crumb Star blocks. Last year someone with the Sunshine Online Quilt Guild (SOQG) offered up a box of 12 inch blocks and I was the lucky recipient. I was thinking I could use a box of blocks to piece some backings. And I have. But there sure were lots of what I thought were  "block sets" that would make for some nice donation tops. 

These Crumb Stars was one of the block sets I put together into a top. (Of course that didn't help me with my lack of backings and this one did not have a backing so it has lingered in the UFO pile for awhile now.)

I did finally find a backing and now it is all quilted with some straight vertical lines.

The backing.
And I saved back enough of the green leafy fabric I used for sashing for the binding. 

Now it is ready for donation.
And I can mark another UFO off of the list. (The top has been around since August 2021)

And sew on...

 

8 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I like it!!!

Andee Neff said...

I have yet to make a crumb quilt. Love yours!

Linda said...

I like the colours in this quilt - a bit different. Glad you were able to use those gifted block sets to make a lovely quilt. Great backing.

Nann said...

They look great / it looks great. And thanks for the block idea because I'm sure I have more crumb blocks in my quilting pipeline.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Love the use of your crumb blocks!!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Somebody is going to love owning that one and looking at all of the fabrics in the crumb blocks.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Love the way the crumb blocks were used. Love the stars. The sashing fabric is perfect. Someone will really love this special quilt.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on finishing up your Crumb Star Quilt Starter "kit" quilt, Cathy!!