Saturday, April 16, 2022

Another Pink and Gray Top

It's a top!
40 x 40

Pink is the Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC) color of the month. I mentioned at the beginning of the month that most of my pink scraps were larger chunks. I made a couple of quilt tops with 4.5 inch width pieces last week. I still had gray scraps and still had a few larger pink chunks so made a simple baby quilt top with 4.5 inch squares of gray and pink. 

And the reason I made a pink and gray baby quilt top is because I found this pink and gray elephant print in with my gray fabrics and there is just enough of it to use as a 40 x 40 quilt back. 

Now I do have some smaller pink scraps to work on my regularly scheduled RSC blocks the rest of the month. 

And sew on...


 

14 comments:

Linda said...

I love your backing fabric! Perfect for the pink and grey 4 patches baby quilt. 🐘❤️

The Joyful Quilter said...

Simple, but SEW effective, Cathy!!

grammajudyb said...

CUTE backing! And perfect with the simple patchwork front! SCORE!

gayle said...

Elephants! How perfect is that!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

pretty! I'm starting to think of gray as a neutral!!

Cathy said...

OMG, another elephant “trunk show”!! How cute is that simple pink and gray patchwork quilt?!? I looove it! xo

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Pink and gray is such a pretty combination! I love the front and the back of that quilt!

maggie fellow said...

The quilt is sweet

Edith said...

Very pretty.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

That is a great quilt for that backing. I thought I was at the wrong block for a moment, since those squares look so big.

Deb A said...

Love the elephant backing you found. It is a perfect fit for the pink and grey quilt top.

Jenny said...

Such a lovely combo, pretty pink and grey squares backed with that fun elephant print!

Pamela Arbour said...

Thanks for the backing inspiration. I would probably still be wondering how to use that fabric in the front! Good job.

Sandy Panagos said...

Pink and polka-dot elephants? Perfect! I'm really enjoying all your pink and gray quilts.