Friday, April 22, 2022

It's a Finish!

Arrowhead Puzzle
in Autumn themed fabrics.

It's a finish!

60 x 80

This is one of five autumn themed tops completed back in November 2019 when I decided to clean out a bin of "Autumn Stuff".   This is the last to be quilted. 

The block is called Arrowhead Puzzle - a free pattern at Quilter's Cache.  A lot of these blocks were in the Autumn Stuff bin - orphans from a swap long long ago.  

The reason a lot of the blocks ended up orphans was because some folks didn't follow the swap directions and used a dark background in the blocks.   Well, I finally decided to use the orphaned blocks. I made a few more blocks to go with the orphans and added a border which is unusual for me. I wanted to make it large enough for a twin sized donation quilt. 

I quilted it with leaves on my DSM in a light brown. 

Backing and binding. 

I am filling several boxes with quilts to be sent to Lifting Hands International via Give Back Box. 
 I see "blankets" are on most of the LHI needs lists.    LHI partners with other organizations to get supplies where they are most needed and right now are focusing on evacuation efforts as well as distributing medical and food supplies. 



***



 

9 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

A great finish! The blocks are interesting as they turn and make secondary designs. Love the leaves quilting. I will look up that block as it looks terrific for scraps.

Linda said...

Great quilt, Cathy. Satisfying to use those orphans up. Love the backing fabric and your leaves quilting.

Nann said...

Very nice! And have you cleared out ALL that autumn fabric?

grammajudyb said...

This is one of my favorite blocks! I’ve made smaller blocks from BH , called Garlic Knots. Constructed differently! Thanks for the link to the bigger block! Well done with the different backgrounds!

The Joyful Quilter said...


Ah, there's that beautiful backing, again with another beautiful top to go with it!!

Laura said...

I love anything that says Autumn!

I never heard of Lifting Hands, so I took a peek at their website. I like that 95% of donations go to services while only 3% goes to administration! :)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Thats a great finish!!!! I like that pattern with those fabrics!

Sandy Panagos said...

Well, I'm not crazy about that block, but a bunch of them together sure looks good! Very nice.

gayle said...

I love the secondary design that the spinning blocks make! And that leaf quilting is absolutely perfect!