Monday, April 25, 2022

Loose Ends

I had a whole bunch of loose ends of different balls of mostly variegated cotton yarn. It's been around for awhile. I had it stored in a box and when I looked in there to see what yarn I had in there I found a mouse must have chewed through the balls of yarn in a couple of places. Thank goodness there was no sign of the mouse.  Eeeeeeeek! 

Well, anyway, I decided that I should probably do something with those loose ends and so I found my crochet hook and one of my pattern books and made a very scrappy pocket shawl. 

Goofball hubby thinks it is ugly. He likes a world that is more black and white. 
It's not for him. It's all mine and I think it will warm my shoulders when they get cold next winter. 



Before I used any of the balls of yarn I crocheted a dishcloth if there was enough yarn for one. When the urge strikes I will embroider on some feedsack dishcloths and make some potholders and make up some gift sets. I found some scrubby yarn too so I may crochet up a few scrubbies to go with the sets. 

I still have lots of unused cotton yarn so may crochet a few fancier washcloths to combine with body wash or handmade soap gift sets.  Several years ago I included luffas I grew with those gift sets.

So that's how I've been making myself useful in the evenings. 

I think I'm tired of crochet right now and hope to get a quilt in the hoop one of these days so I can do some hand quilting. 

 

6 comments:

Beth in NH said...

Thinking of you. I do enjoy your posts with all your "use it up" quilting, crochet, etc.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Well even if hubby thinks it is ugly it will make you smile every time you use it with all of those bright colors.

gayle said...

Your shawl is a cuddly hug made of yarn! Enjoy all that not-ugly color!
I've been crocheting afghans when I needed something simple and stress-free during all the chaos of the last couple of years. I'm almost done with what I'm declaring is the last one for a while. Maybe I should take up dishcloths now - I've got some cotton yarn around here somewhere...


Linda said...

Haven’t seen a pocket shawl before, but it’s a nice idea. Using up your odds and ends of yarn is always satisfying.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is a good way to use all those little bits!!!

Laura said...

Hubby is stylin'! :)