68 x 68
It's a flimsy!
The other day when I blogged about cleaning up after a September quilting marathon I mentioned that Stringing Stars was one of the quilts I planned to make from my strings. I was actually going to wait until 2022 to work with my strings and crumbs. After I looked at my giant box of colored strings I decided I should work on them as soon as possible or I might end up strangled with strings.
I have a couple of other string quilts in mind but started with this one because it uses some of the longer strings and a few others use shorter strings. So from my giant box of strings I pulled out all of the darks. I only included a few black strings because I wanted to save those to mix in with the brights later on. After I had the dark strings sorted then I pulled out all of the novelties from the darks to use in a different quilt for kids later on.
I still get a little hometown newspaper delivered because I use it in gardening and use it when I need larger paper foundations for quilting. I cut 9 inch newspaper squares for foundations. I don't mind pulling the papers off the back. I throw those newspaper pieces in the compost pile when I've finished tearing them off.
Next time I make half dark/half light string blocks I need to remember to line them up a little better on the diagonal when I sew them. I guess that's where little glue might come in handy.
I really had to scrape the barrel to find enough neutral strings.
I do have some other light colored strings I was tempted to use but decided to try to keep to mostly white and cream.
Oh, and I had a bunch of long strings of that dark star fabric that came from trimming a large quilt back. I had enough strings of it in various widths to use in each of the star points so I guess that was meant to be.
I'll be starting on a couple more string quilts soon. Before I do I will blog about that giant box of strings and plans for it.