Sunday, October 31, 2021

What's in the Hoop?

What's in the hoop? 
30s Churn Dash

I finished the top in May 2020. It's a big one at 92 x 92. 

Now that we are having cooler weather I don't mind a large quilt on my lap in the evenings while I hand quilt. If I don't do some kind of hand work in the evenings after dinner I fall asleep the minute my booty hits the couch. I don't need to go to bed at 6:30 p.m. !

I am big stitch quilting with perle #8 in the colors of the quilt. 

I'm using up odds and ends of threads I had on hand. 


 

13 comments:

Ivani said...

Happy quilting!!

Linda said...

Looking good. Nice to be able to use up odds and ends of threads.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Such a bright and cheerful quilt…perfect project for cool evenings.

Jill said...

Bright cheerful fabrics. I’ve used the same style of frame and did the big stitch. You inspire me to big stitch again.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

LOOOOVE it!!!

Karrin Hurd said...

Beautiful quilt. Love the fabrics!

Quilting Babcia said...

I hear you! Same thing happens to me when I sit down in my recliner after dinner - unless I pick up the hoop immediately. Even then, sometimes ...

CathieJ said...

Quilting those fabrics should be able to perk you up after dinner. Enjoy your stitching!

Karla (ThreadBndr) said...

Love the vintage scrappy look of your quilt. It's getting into cozy quilt on the lap time!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a happy quilt to have in the hoop, Cathy! I'm like you - I'd fall asleep at 6:30 if I didn't have something to do. It leads to lots of handwork!

Jenny said...

That quilt is a beauty!

Pamela Arbour said...

That's a good evening project. Love the colors. I need to find a good evening project. I really don't like sitting and watching tv. That's just a waste of time! I do it just to keep my husband company! I really need to get a big stitch project going as well. I haven't done that as yet.

Denise :) said...

Thirties prints are so cheery, bright and fun! Enjoy stitching on them! :)