Saturday, October 30, 2021

Postage Stamp Projects

Double Irish Chain has been one of my Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC) projects. My goal is 63 nine inch (finished) blocks. Now I have 55 blocks and hope to get all 63 finished by year end. I've been using light brown or cream for the background and dark brown for the chains.  These will be sashed with cornerstones. 

I took the PSP20 (Postage Stamp Pandemic 2020) blocks out of my RSC projects after I used most every color of solid I had. I've been making these for quite awhile and at various times I have run out of 1.5 inch squares and solids so project gets set aside until I have something to work with. Along the way I won some solids and someone sent me a gallon bag of 1.5 inch squares.  I recently found some purple solids in with my pansy fabrics so will use those to make blocks and decide where to go from there. I now have 89 blocks and am aiming for 121 and a BIG quilt. 

So, these are two projects that won't be in my RSC 2022 list of scrappy blocks. 


 

7 comments:

Mari said...

Lovely blocks, and what a great way to use every bit of those fabrics. Let's hear it for keeping things out of the landfill and making them useful!

Linda said...

Great postage stamp blocks. Glad you managed to find a few more solid squares.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love your postage stamp blocks! It's going to be fun to see the big PSP quilt!

maggie fellow said...

I look forward to seeing what will be in 2022

Jenny said...

Such tiny squares, great that you have no trouble working with these teeny tiny pieces!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Best of luck on finishing the last of these blocks by year's end, Cathy. If anyone can get it done, it's YOU!!!

grammajudyb said...

You are gettin it done! The Irish Chain is a block I’ve never made! I really like it, though!