Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Nine Patch November: Puss In The Corner

This month I've been working on the reduction of my Nine Patch inventory in the Parts Department. 

I used three inch nine patches for the centers of Puss In The Corner blocks that finish at 5 inches. I think Puss In The Corner is also called Uneven Nine Patch so I guess I turned even Nine Patches into Uneven Nine Patches.  

For years I used to swap these little three inch Nine Patches and although I have made numerous quilts with them I still am over inventory! 

To make these blocks I picked out the ones with the dark corners and center and white or cream for the other four pieces. I tried to match my scraps with the Nine Patches to make the outside border. 

Now I have 120 blocks which was my goal.  

I think I'm going to assemble them with sashing so that the sashing will form little Nine Patches with light corners as the cornerstones.  So I guess my next task is to cut sashing pieces and sets of four 1.5 inch colored squares. 

 

8 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your blocks are so cute!

gayle said...

You do such wonderful things with nine-patches!

swooze said...

They’re great!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Love love love these!!! and what a great way to frame those 9 patches!!!

Linda said...

Wow. Your organisation always amazes me.

mereth said...

Love your scrappy blocks and can't wait to see the setting sewn together. I made a top from these blocks last year, they're so quick to stitch I just love them. I've got a pile of scrappy ones started too.

Nann said...

The blocks look great!

Janie said...

Nine Patch happiness! Classic.
I think your Nine Patch and Snowball blocks in your previous post are beautiful too!