Saturday, October 17, 2020

Yellow 3.5 Plus 2

Antique Tiles
They finish at 9 inches. 

This week I was working with yellow scrap chunks. Off of each chunk I cut a 3.5 inch piece and a 2 inch piece. Then I made a bunch of blocks that contain both 3.5 plus 2 inch pieces. 



Dove in the Window
They finish at 7.5 inches.

X+
They finish at 7.5 inches.

Flower Baskets 
They finish at 9 inches.
Baskets are in the color of the month and flowers are floral scraps from the 2 inch scrap bin I'm trying to clean out. 

Propellers
They finish at 7.5 inches. And, yes, I see one that needs to be fixed. 
Backgrounds are gray scraps, all centers will be black multicolor squares and all ends will be red squares -- both reds and blacks came from the 2 inch scrap bin. 



Uneven Nine Patches 
They finish at 6 inches. 
Neutral sides came from the 2 inch scrap bin. 

Buckeye Beauties
They finish at 6 inches. 
I have been combining the color of the month with shirts or dark multicolor scraps. 

Last week Miss Pat commented "Lots of buttery yumminess. Lets make popcorn." 
Well, Miss Pat, did you find the popcorn this week? I did have a small scrap of it! 



 

19 comments:

Linda said...

What a superb array of blocks. I don’t know how you manage to think of so many different ways to use your scraps - this time combining 3.5” and 2” squares. As always you give me so many ideas but I can’t keep up with them!

maggie fellow said...

wonderful inspiration - so little time

Quiltdivajulie said...

You did it again - great assortment and such glorious scrappiness.

gayle said...

Oh, good heavens! I love each and every one of these blocks!
And each and every one is calling my name, now... (It's going to be a busy year for my RSC2021, I think)

Julierose said...

What a wonderfully creative use of your scraps--all those varied blocks!! Excellent works--I especially like the X+ blocks--
It's always such fun to visit your blog;)))
thanks for sharing
hugs, Julierose

Connie said...

Yellow is such a cheerful color. Thanks for the inspiration . . . beautiful :)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I really like the antique tile blocks! It's so interesting to see how they look different depending on where the lights and darks are.

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW many wonderful blocks made with your YELLOW scraps!!! Those X+ blocks always draw me in. I think they may need to go on next year's RSC list. (Along with how many more blocks that I love?!)

Cathy said...

Who needs Pinterest when we follow your blog and all your lovely block ideas?!?

Jenny said...

So much variation in the blocks you make, you are hard to keep up with! These are bursting with sunshine.

grammajudyb said...

One of the best parts about scrap quilts is “spying” interesting fabrics, I spy popcorn, and tortilla chips! Red cherries on a yellow background, I have that Mary Engelbreit fabric. I found playing cards, cupcakes, snowflakes! Fabulous!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

That explains why I have been craving popcorn this month! I had some earlier today. As usual, I am impressed with your diligence in making so many, so many different yellow blocks.

MissPat said...

Yes, I found the popcorn twice. Thanks for making me smile. What a treasure trove of quilt blocks you are creating. And the month's only half over.
Pat

Pamela Arbour said...

WOW! You have made some amazing progress with your yellows.

Deb A said...

All your block sets are looking great!

Louise said...

It's a golden extravaganza of blocks!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I adore those baskets! And the Tile blocks. Reading your blog always gets me inspired to start something new.

Kat said...

I started a new squirrel after seeing your uneven 9 patches. Oh, they are so fun! I love your quilts and have started reading your blog from the beginning, moving forward. Now I understand what your blog name stands for. Lots of beautiful and creative crazy quilt blocks in your early days of blogging! So fun!

Vivian said...

I am so sorry I missed this post last year! I'm going to edit my recent "A to Z" post on the color "Yellow" and add a link to this. As always, such good ideas for using scraps AND the color here!