Thursday, October 1, 2020

It's a Mystery


 Alycia (Alycia Quilts - Quiltygirl) has just posted fabric requirements for a new mystery to start on October 15. I was not going to participate but then I read that there is a backlog of requests for Quilts of Valor so I changed my mind and decided to participate and make a quilt to help with the back log. Well, it just so happens I do have some red and blue patriotic prints and a hunk of white in my stash that I can use for a scrappy version of the mystery. Might as well use it up. It's not doing anyone any good in a box. 


Also to help with the back log I'm going to make it my October OMG (One Monthly Goal) to get Patriot quilted. Patriot was Alycia's 2018 mystery. I was never quite sure how to quilt it so it has remained a UFO even though I do have a wide backing for it. 

8 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is an awesome One monthly Goal!! you can do it!!

Laura said...

Great goal! :)

MissPat said...

A worthwhile goal for October. Is that smoky air in the background or foggy mist?
Pat

Louise said...

This is such a nice r/w/b top! It will look so great all quilted up. Do the QOV pieces require special labels?

The Joyful Quilter said...

Love, love, LOVE your Patriot Quilt!! How wonderful that you plan to finish it soon AND participate in the new Mystery, too. Have fun!

Linda said...

Your Patriot quilt looks great, a nice twist on the Stars and Stripes American flag. Hope you find a way to quilt it. Enjoy making the new Patriot mystery.

SandyPA said...

You could quilt freeform stars all over the Patriot. Looks like you will get to clear our more of your patriotic scraps with this next mystery. Sandy at sewhigh.blogspot.com

Patty said...

Very nice. Thanks for thinking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.