Saturday, October 10, 2020

Yellow 1.5 Inch Scrap Edition

Double Irish Chains that finish at 9 inches. 

I've been using dark browns for the center chains, light brown/tan/cream for the backgrounds and the Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC) color of the month for the chains. 


Plus Postage blocks that finish at 10 inches. 
This is inspired by a Susan Ache pattern I cut from an old magazine. I say "inspired" because the pattern called for strip piecing just two fabrics per block and I am not strip piecing and am using many different 1.5 inch square scraps per block. 

Postage Stamp Pandemic 2020 (PSP20) blocks that finish at 8 inches. 


 Wishing Rings that finish at 3.5 inches. I've been making these from scraps for a couple of years and my goal is 312 each of light corners and dark corners. I think I'm close to 250 of each. Hopefully before year end I'll make my goal. The quilt will alternate light and dark cornered blocks. That old calico in the third row second from the left used to be my kitchen curtains for awhile in the 80s. 

15 comments:

Julierose said...

Gosh Cathy, all such lovely WIPS I especially love the Pandemic Postage blocks in this yellow...nice work hugs, Julierose

Linda said...

More lovely blocks added to your stash of RSC inspired sewing.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Lots of fun blocks with your bittiest little pieces! I really like the double Irish Chain! I know you don't strip piece the others, but do you strip piece those?

Deb A said...

So many fun collections in the works. The sparkle of yellow will make everything shine.

Cathy said...

I’m amazed every month when you do your 1.5-inch scraps at the sheer volume and variety of your WIPs. I love them all so much! The double Irish Chain and the plus blocks. Maybe I should cut all my scraps into 1.5” pieces!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW many wonderful YELLOW scraps in your blocks for the RSC!!!

Nann said...

A golden post! What's the reason for making 312 of the wishing rings? (I'm trying to figure out the math on that....) For the pandemic postage stamps do you make four sixteen patches or eight rows of eight stamps?

Jenny said...

Such alot of pretty blocks using the tiniest squares! Looks wonderful but well outside my comfort range with those tiny squares.

Connie said...

You are so talented and all your tiny corners match up perfectly. Great work!!!

MissPat said...

Lots of buttery yumminess. Lets make popcorn.
Pat

Kathy S. said...

These blocks are so bright and cheery! Keep on keeping on.

grammajudyb said...

There’s a bit of crazy in your blocks using 1.5” pieces! But you are the Queen of tiny pieces, so many bright yellow! Awesome!

gayle said...

I love all your projects with the itty bitties!
(And after resisting your Wishing Rings all this time, I've decided that they'll be one of my 2021 RSC blocks!)

Quiltdivajulie said...

So good to see all those cheerful perky yellows! LOTS of little pieces make for a super scrappy and wonderful series of blocks.

Susie H said...

You've got some really great yellow blocks. Love the curtain memory you snuck in!