Saturday, July 20, 2024

Another Wonky Log Cabin Finish!

Wonky Log Cabin
54 x 72
It's a finish!


This one has heart!

I made the top earlier this year and used low volume strings around a 2 inch pink center for this one.

I trimmed the blocks to 9.5 inches. 

I quilted it with three petaled flowers on my DSM (Brother PQ1500SL) in white thread. 

Binding is pastel pink. I sewed this binding down by machine. 

The backing. It too has heart(s). 

And sew on...

****
CELEBRATE! (my word of the year)

July 19 - 44 (or more) in 2024!  I've met my goal!  At the beginning of the year I set a goal to finish 44 or more donation quilts in 2024. You can see my goal over on the side bar.  This low volume wonky log cabin makes donation quilt finish 45.   I've actually finished 46 quilts this year but one of them I'm keeping around in case I need a gift for family or friends. I guess that actually still qualifies for a donation quilt but for purposes of my goal I put it in the gift category.   Most of the quilts were UFOs but for the first time this year I've also finished a quite a few quilts that aren't UFOs. I hope to keep up that trend. Also, so far this year I've already donated 42 quilts kiddo quilts from ones I've had on hand. Thank you to all my friends who have sent me supplies to help me complete this goal. Now that I've met that goal I'm feeling like I can give myself permission to work on a few of my own quilts and then see how many more than 44 quilts I can finish for donation.   I have a tab for quilt finishes this year at the top of this blog. 

 

14 comments:

Chantal said...

I SO love this one. What a peaceful quilt it is. It will bring sweet dreams to the princess sleeping under this one. Congratulations on achieving your goal. That was a big task but you made it and you still have many months to go before the end of the year. You amaze me. Bravo! ;^)

RyLynn said...

Congrats on exceeding your goal!! Today's quilt looks so comforting and soft.i hope you will keep working on more quilts - you have this wonderful gift for creating charming tops and amazing discipline taking them to finished quilts. You are an awesome role model for the rest of us.

Nann said...

Yay, Cathy! Congratulations on achieving the goal! And the heart is a wonderful addition to the quilt.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

The addition of the heart is just perfect for this quilt.

Ilona said...

You are amazing! So many Quilts finished! Every piece is wonderful. I like it!

Ilona said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elle said...

Sweet quilt and the heart makes it that much sweeter.

Happy Saturday Cathy :-)

Linda Swanekamp said...

You know, maybe I should put a category in my blog for quilt finishes. Would make them easier to find. Lovely heart quilt, so tender. I have no where that many quilts done. I think I am the slowest quilter.

MissPat said...

Hurray, Cathy, for exceeding your goal. Such a delightful quilt. It will be loved some little (or maybe big) girl. And, yes, you should take a break and work on one of your own quilts for a bit.
Pat

Jenny said...

You've met your goal, and it's only July, that's certainly cause for celebration! Yes, work on some of your own quilts for a while as a reward fo all your hard work and dedication.

dianne said...

bless your giving heart ... holding you in the Light

Pamela Arbour said...

It is so sweet! It's also a good size. Congratulations on meeting your goal. You have a nice rhythm with your scraps and the RSC. You seem to have a perpetual series of quilt completion. I'm still thinking about those feathers!!! I hope you are getting a full crop from your garden.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Woo Hoo on meeting your goal, Cathy! That is fantastic! I love the wonky log cabin. It is so sweet in soft colors. Have a wonderful week and happy quilting.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Amazing -- so many congratulations for completing your 44 in '24 goal! This latest finish is just so darn pretty.