Sunday, July 14, 2024

Another String Quilt Finish

String Quilt
40 x 60
It's a finish!

For this one I used a yellow seersucker with polka dots for the center strings - rays of sunshine! 

The strings are brights and noveties - fun for kids!

I quilted it on my DSM (Brother PQ1500SL for those of you who ask) with swirls in a natural color thread.   Swirls is one of the first things I tried when I started free motion quilting so that's what comes easiest for me after all these years. 


The binding is a pastel stripe with some yellow in it. 

This month the theme in my sewing space is STRINGS so I'm trying to get all my string tops quilted. I still have a few more to go. Maybe 4? 

The backing is a fabric with kitties. 

I didn't think the fabric looked too Christmas-y for a donation quilt. It has gift boxes and evergreens and a few ornaments but it mostly has cute little kitties. 

And sew on...


**********
NOTE: I try to reply to all comments I receive (although sometimes belatedly). I have received a few lovely comments lately from folks without an email addy attached so am unable to reply.  If you show up as Anonymous in the comments and would like a reply please leave your email addy with the comment. If you have a blogger account and would like to receive replies from me to your comments then you need to be sure to have your email addy linked to your blogger profile as follows:

- go to your blogger profile
- click on the arrow
- click "blogger profile"
- click "edit profile"
- check the box next to "show my email address"
- make sure your email address is the one where you would like to receive comment replies
- click "save" at the bottom of the page

If you don't want to show your email addy I have no way to contact you so I want you to know I'm not ignoring you or your lovely comments. Thank you!


***
CELEBRATE! (my word of the year)

July 13 - Enjoyed a root beer float on a hot summer day! I remember going to the A&W drive-in once in awhile when I was a young girl. I usually ordered a teen burger and a frothy mug of A&W rootbeer. They brought it out to the car on a tray that hooked on to the window and we ate in the car. What a treat! 

5 comments:

Julie in GA said...

Another fantastic string quilt! The yellow center strips are great.
I can't remember the last time I had a root beer float! The drive-in we went to when I was a kid was similar to A&W, but it was called "Dogs N Suds." I googled it, and there are a few locations still around.

smithcindyk said...

When I was young, we would go to the A&W store in Texarkana and receive a root beer in a cold frosty mug. Delicious. My dad had a root beer float almost every night. The man just did not ever gain weight lol.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

This is a wonderful finish, Cathy! One of my favorites of your string quilts with those pretty yellow centers. We don't have an A&W here anymore, but that used to be a favorite date spot for Mike and me - a frosty mug of A&W rootbeer!

mangozz said...

A&W is my favorite brand of root beer! We rarely went out to eat when I was younger but my mother would occasionally make homemade root beer which was tasty.

Nann said...

Yummm--root beer floats! In fact, root beer itself. We're going out to the store in a few minutes....

I believe I sent you those kitties and I'm pleased that they have made it into a quilt.