Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Wednesday Wandering - Roses and Lilies


Just showing you some of the roses and lilies in the cottage garden this week. 
Well, you might see a few weeds too. 














The Roses, Orienpet and Oriental lilies are all very fragrant. The Daylilies are not.
I've been using Bobbex to repel the deer. 
I've seen a few Japanese Beetles starting to invade the roses but I've been picking them off and throwing them in soapy water on my tour through the gardens (if I remember to take my little bucket of soapy water with me).  


***
CELEBRATE (my word of the year)

July 23 - Quilt stories!  I read about the power of a quilt and prayer on Linda's blog. 





 

7 comments:

RyLynn said...

Your yard must be beautiful right now! Thanks for sharing these.

Julierose said...

What fabulous flowers--the colors are amazing, Cathy!! Enjoy your blooming season walks...hugs, Julierose

Gretchen Weaver said...

I've noticed the Japanese beetles are worse this summer. Your flowers are all beautiful, the extra work they cause is so worth it!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful flowers. Thanks for sharing. And thanks for sharing that blog post from Linda.

MissPat said...

That wine color of the first two blooms is gorgeous. I was surprised when I got out to pull up larkspur plants, that the deer had eaten most of the larkspur blooms. I've never had them do that before. Also ate all the crocosmia flowers. It made it easier to compost the spent larkspur since there weren't any seed heads to remove. Time to put together more quilts with floral fabrics, I guess.
Pat

Jenny said...

Such gorgeous lilies, such a wonderful sight. I went over to the link you shared and read the story, sad but happy, quilt power indeed. And that is what you are sharing too with your wonderful donation quilts.

Anonymous said...

Your flowers are beautiful. I’m almost jealous. Thanks for sharing