Friday, July 19, 2024

Progress on Strings - Works in Progress

Feather Bed blocks.   
I've finished sewing all my longest strings into strata and cut the parts for 76 feathers. 

I don't cut fabrics for strings. They just happen. So it is always fun to see what the mix of fabrics in my quilts will look like together. 

I decided to use green for the background because I think every color goes with green. Doesn't every color of flower have green leaves? 

Now that my longest strings have been used the remainders go into the pile of strings for Spider Web blocks. 


So I made some Spider Web blocks this week too.  I'm mostly using bright and wild strings for these projects. 


Then after I've used a string in the Spider Web blocks and there is a little piece of string left it goes into the baggie for Eight Point Star pieces.   I made enough pieces (32) for 4 Stars. 

So that's the long and short of it.

And sew on...




 

7 comments:

Jenny said...

76 feathers, wow! Looking forward to see this one take shape.

Sally Langston Warren said...

Cathy, you are my kind of quilter! You don’t waste a thing and you have fun with it!! Those feathers are really neat. I think everything goes with green too.

RyLynn said...

Love, love, love the feathers, and the rest of your strippy starts look cool, too!!! Can't wait to see the finished products! Or just more of your creative ventures!

Chantal said...

I love your feathers. Yes, green goes with everything. I'll have to look up a how-to video as I don't know how you make feather blocks. Enjoy! ;^)

Anonymous said...

I am intrigued with the background of your feathers. I can’t imagine how they will look together. I’m glad I bought the pattern. I can see making several feather quilts.

Kathleen said...

I often use green as a neutral - now I know WHY !!

Linda Swanekamp said...

76 of those feathers? Omigosh. They sure are pretty and I love the green with them. Love all the bright colors in your post today. Down with wimpy.