Monday, July 29, 2024

In Response To A Challenge...

It's a top!
Wiggle Time
in Olympic colors (red, blue, yellow, green black)
48 x 54


Someone from the Sunshine Online Quilt Guild (an online charity sewing group) issued a challenge to make a quilt this month in Olympic colors. 

I used some plaids I had on hand but didn't really have a good fabric for yellow plaid so it is multicolor with yellow in it. 


It's just a top for now. I'm not sure when it will get finished but I'll consider that I met the challenge.  And actually I might have another quilt in the works that will meet the challenge.  Stay tuned. 

And sew on...

***
CELEBRATE! (my word of the year)

July 27 - I got a lot of weeding done and I also got quite a bit of scrub brush trimmed away.  While I was weeding I was thinking about how we have been getting rain at just the right times this year. I haven't had to drag hoses around and water very much. 

July 28 - Big thunderstorm in the middle of the night. That's not what I celebrated...I was excited that the tarp my son helped me put on the flat roof over the leak in my sewing room kept the rain out! 



 

6 comments:

RyLynn said...

Keeping the rain out is definitely worth celebrating!! And this Olympic quilt top gets a gold medal!
Unfortunately the bad news is that UPS cannot seem to find your address to bring you my quilting goodies (althoughGoogle Maps has no problems😒). I'm working with them but gosh it's frustrating.

Julierose said...

You definitely get that gold Medal for this one, Cathy--I really like the colors you used to represent the Olympics. Great job meeting that challenge;))) hugs, Julierose

Nann said...

You met that challenge very well!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Great challenge quilt!

Allison said...

What a great challenge quilt. We are having so much fun watching the Olympics on tv. Can't wait for the athletics to start!

mangozz said...

That design would make a really cute quilt for a child.