Sunday, April 7, 2024

Strings

I've finished using strings to make 48 ten inch finished string blocks with black centers. Now blocks are ready for assembly. 

Before I put the bright strings away I started a set of 12 Wonky Log Cabin blocks with 4 inch black centers.  These will finish at 14 inches. I only have one more round to go on these. 

And sew on...


***
CELEBRATE! (my word of the year)

April 6 - I finished another book -a bit of a tear jerker - The Five Wishes of Mr. Murray McBride by Joe Siple. A centenarian finds purpose when he meets a boy with a terminal illness and a wish list. 

 

7 comments:

Nann said...

Those are some wild log cabin blocks! A good follow up to Mr. Murray McBride -- The One in a Million Boy by Monica Wood.

Chantal said...

My! That's a lot of string blocks. Is the string bin any lighter? Not much? Enjoy! ;^)

Elle said...

Wow! That is a ton of stitching this week! Congrats on hitting the goal.

Happy Sunday to you :-)

Linda said...

My goodness, you are making short work of those strings!

Jenny said...

Looks like its a matter of "anything goes" with those string blocks. And the various colours do go together, wild and wacky!

Linda Swanekamp said...

The string blocks sure are not shy about speaking up. Can't wait to see the layout!

Mystic Quilter said...

Lovely dose of colour in these pictures of your string blocks, looking forward to see them all sewn up.