Saturday, April 6, 2024

This And That

Twilight Flock
6 inch blocks

I was busy with my quilting marathon in March so I did not get any Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks made. This month I need to catch up on a few blocks and colors. I made my yellow blocks and had a few other 2.5 inch scraps near my cuting mat so turned those into Twilight Flock blocks too. 

Bow Ties
3 inch blocks

I had red and purple blocks cut but now sewn together. I don't think there will be any yellow ones this month. I don't have that many yellow scraps.  I've been making these for a couple of years and I think now I have over 600 of them. 

Boo Boo Patch
3 x 6

That's my name for the blocks because I made a mistake when making them. I sewed two 1.5 inch width scraps together and mistakenly cut the strip sets apart at 1.5 inch instead of 2.5 inches. Of course I also figured out incorrectly the length of the strip I needed in order tto cut them apart at 2.5 inches too. So Boo Boo Patches is what I ended up with and continue to make. 

Windmills
4 inch blocks

I make these from 1.5 inch width scraps or 2.5 inch width scraps. 

Lil' Baskets
4 inch blocks

Switch Plates
3 x 5 inch blocks. 

9 Patch 
Potato Chip 
6 inch blocks

And sew on...



***
CELEBRATE! (my word of the year)

April 5 -- After a couple of days of snow, rain and wind it was a nice sunny day. Everything that was in bloom before the bad weather is still in bloom! That's definitely a cause for celebration!

Ear worm:
Here comes the sun, doo-doo-doo-doo
Here comes the sun
And I say, its alright
     ...the Beatles




 

11 comments:

Nann said...

More units! It will be fun to see how you set them.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Good for you for concentrating on your quilting marathon and letting the RSC blocks wait a bit. Love the name for the Boo Boo blocks!

Sara said...

You have a terrific collection of RSC blocks going on here. Boo Boo blocks - the name cracked me up. Lots of beautiful little 9-patches.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Fun to see what you're making, Cathy! I really like those Twilight Flock blocks. I'm celebrating that things are finally blooming here in Colorado, too!

Mary R. said...

I love the twilight flight blocks! Such a great look to put geese on a black print background. Can't wait to see how that goes together!

mangozz said...

Beautiful blocks and colors, all of them! You have got to be the most prolific quilter ever!

Jenny said...

You always amaze me with your output! Well done, you.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Great use of scraps, Cathy! I love the story of the Boo Boo Patch blocks. Why NOT make it a quilt of its own?! :o))

Chantal said...

You sure caught up in no time flat. Lovely blocks all around. I spotted a few prints that I have too. That always makes me smile for some reason. Happy that the blooms survived the snowstorm. Enjoy! ;^)

Pamela Arbour said...

I was wondering if you were going to pick up the RSC in April, but I would have been willing to bet that you would. That is your ongoing project for all of your quilts. I love seeing the monthly colors and then seeing them put into a quilt. Love the process. That was the perfect song for today. Brought back memories! I did the math and I think you have enough of those bowties to make a large throw. Wow!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Your block sets are growing nicely, Cathy. Have fun sewing with your YELLOW scraps this month!