Friday, April 5, 2024

Fan Flowers




I finished another set of Fan Flowers. Two more sets to go.



And sew on...

***
CELEBRATE! (my word of the year)

April 3 - Received a surprise package in the mail. There were two sets of vintage blocks in there. More on that with pics later.

April 4 - Celebrated seeds by planting some! - tomatoes and brassicas and basil and perennial scabiosa are planted and under lights now in a corner of my sewing space. Peppers are already there on a heating mat and sprouted. Sweet peas are getting out of hand and ready to plant. I have them on a card table in my living room near the deck now. Before we had the two days of rain, snow and high winds I was taking them out on the deck for a few hours each day to harden them off. 


 

7 comments:

Elle said...

Lovely flowers. Yea for boxes of surprises :-)

Julierose said...

Love these fan flowers--the colors are just really fabulous, Cathy!! Lovely work hugs, Julierose

Nann said...

Your garden is growing in many ways -- fabric, seeds, and those bulbs outdoors.

Jenny said...

It's so wonderful that friends drop off surprise packages to you, shows they are right behind you in meeting your donation challenges.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Lovely, lovely fan flowers. Great time with those seeds, I am sure. Snowed here today, daffodils buried and leaden sky. Hopefull will clear out for Monday as I am in the path of total eclipse.

Pamela Arbour said...

You really have my interest on the fan flowers. Every time you post pictures, you send the link to the pattern. I have saved it. I can't wait to see the other fabrics you use in this quilt. Can't wait to see your garden. We made a raised garden this year for the first time. It's just one 4x8' long bed but we will be getting what we want. Mostly just for fun! I will certainly be enjoying watching yours grow as well.

bookworm said...

I love these flower blocks! Thank you for the link. I’m making a Night Garden quilt with dark backgrounds. This will be a lovely addition.