Monday, April 8, 2024

Special Delivery


30 Quilts
in bundles of 5

I will be handing them off this afternoon to Elise with Fostering Crossroads. 

Only about 1/3 of these are from last month's quilting marathon. The rest were finished last year. I am still going to mail about the same amount of quilts in small batches over the next few months to a coordinator for both Wrap-A-Smile and Quilts Beyond Borders.   And I am making more. 

And sew on...


***
CELEBRATE! (my word of the year)

April 7 - After the rain stopped, the winds died down a little and the sun came out I walked out to see what was new in the gardens. I spotted my first butterfly of the season - a Red Admiral (Vanessa Atalanta). I couldn't believe it. It seems a bit early for butterflies but I did a little research on them in Iowa and found they do start to appear in early April. I didn't have my camera with me but here's a link to Iowa State University and some basic info on Red Admirals if you are interested.

April 8 - Quilt delivery!




 

14 comments:

Chantal said...

Bravo! and bless your generous heart. Enjoy the cleared space the delivery of these quilts opened up. ;^)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is a bundle of quilts!!! I love it - and all the love you are spreading into the world!!!!

Julierose said...

How in the world do you manage to make so MANY quilts so quickly??? And they are all so lovely, too!! You have a very warm and generous heart, Cathy--
hugs, Julierose

Elle said...

Magnificent pile of quilts for gifting to those who need a hug filled with love from "Aunt Cathy".

Happy Monday :-)

Nann said...

What a wonderful donation! And now you have an empty space to fill up again. I've seen a couple of butterflies on my walks and thought they're early, but it has been a very mild winter and spring.

Kaja said...

Wow! What an impressive pile of quilts. We get Red Admirals, but not as early as this. Our first is usually the Peacock.

Linda Swanekamp said...

You are delivering quilts on Eclipse Day? Loads of wonderful quilts- they will be so loved and used. Great Job! Eclipse here mostly clouded out (boo hoo), but a few glimpses. It got totally dark- awesome- for three minutes and then poof, the light was back. Buffalo was in the direct path. I really need to get all my tops quilted. This year there was no Hands 2 Help drive, so I have some extra quilts to find a home for.

Linda said...

What a super donation. I love to see quilts stacked up like this.

Pamela Arbour said...

That is just fabulous. You have created bundles of joy for someone. May God bless you and the recipients.

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh goodness what a lot of quilts, they will be so appreciated and loved. You're a treasure Cathy, truly you are.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I knew you had been busy but WOW WOW WOW -- you are such a treasure!!

nestki said...

What a magnificent pile of happiness to spread all around! Thank you!

Jenny said...

Congratulations indeed, 30 wonderful quilts going to give warmth and comfort. You are a wonderful person indeed to do so much good in the quilting world, no wonder you have so many supporters out there helping you with batting and supplies. I applaud you!

Rose Marie said...

Bravo and those quilts will be so loved!