Friday, April 19, 2024

Another Wonky Log Cabin Top

Wonky Log Cabin Top
45 x 54



Strings and Things is the theme in my sewing space this month. This is the third top I've finished so far. I was hoping to empty out more of my string boxes by now but some of life's events have prevented me from doing much sewing lately. 

For this one I used brown and blue strings with orange 2 inch centers. 

When I started out making the blocks I was thinking I would make a set of 48 - 9 inch blocks for a twin sized quilt but I noticed a lot of the blue strings were novelties for kids so made a set of 30 blocks instead. 


And sew on...



****
CELEBRATE! (my word of the year)

April 14 - My sister's 70th birthday!  And National Gardening Day! And it was a beautiful day to putz around in the garden and to enjoy Daffodils that have naturalized in a couple different areas. (More on that later. I was going to do a Wednesday Wandering post but never got around to it. Maybe next Wednesday?)

April 15 - A lady from the foster care group where I donated quilts dropped off two small boxes of scraps - one of flannels and one of novelties. 

April 16 - Grocery shopping. Treated myself to Haagen Daz coffee almond toffee crunch bars. I won $1 off of this month's free Iowa lottery ticket.  And I'm so glad I made corn filled heat/ice packs for everyone for Christmas a long long time ago. I've been using mine frozen for 20 minutes several times a day for a very painful arthritis flare up in my foot. 

April 17 - Finished the second and third books in the Murphy Shepard series by Charles Martin. I read The Water Keeper several years ago. The second and third books are The Letter Keeper and The Record Keeper.   One can only hope there are real life heroes like the fictional ones who rescue children from sex slavery. 

April 18 -- A surprise package of fabric! Oh joy!

 

7 comments:

Helenchaffin said...

I luv the blues & browns together ,happy birthday to your sister! 🎊 I've got 2 yrs to go for my 70th 🙆how's that possible 😄

Julierose said...

I really like how you set up this group of log cabin blocks!! So pretty with the diagonal color lines...Lovely work hugs, Julierose

Anonymous said...

Cathy, take a look at this website. They are educating parents in whole communities to the deceptive practices of traffikers. They use very effective methods to help communities help themselves. (Laura H.)

https://win.global/freedom

scraphappy said...

Blue and brown is such a classic color combination. Those orange centers really make them pop.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Such a wonderful comfy looking quilt. Daffodils are up here also, but a bit cold.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What a great Happy week!!
Love this quilt too!!

Nann said...

The controlled colorway lets the variety of prints dance!