Thursday, May 18, 2023

An Eight Patch Finish


Eight Patch
It's a finish!
60 x 80

I started making these blocks in 2021to use up 1930s reproduction and shirt scraps. Whenever I came across 2.5 inch or 3.5 inch width '30s or shirt scraps enough to cut 4- 2.5 x 3.5 rectangles I did. Then after I started accumulating a variety of rectangles I started making blocks. 

 This year I cut fabrics enough to finish off the blocks I needed for a top and made the top.

I quilted it on my DSM (Brother PQ1500) with ribbons/streamers.

The binding is scrappy.



The backing is the last of the plaid yardage I bought back when Hancock's fabric went out of business. 

And sew on...



Oh Scrap! at Quilting Is More Fun Than Housework

 

9 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

This quilt is so neat! Such a simple pattern, very nice. Happy stitching!

Julierose said...

You make so many wonderful piece by piece quilts--all those rectangles make such a great scrappy quilt...great work on this hugs, Julierose

Linda said...

Lovely colours really show off the rectangle pattern. Great backing, shame it’s all used. On to the next finish now?

Nann said...

What colorful fun! I've meant to ask-- do you make multi-fabric backs with or without incorporating blocks or other units?

mangozz said...

I always love simple quilts the best! This looks like it would be a good leader/ender quilt.

Anonymous said...

I love the blending and comfortable palette that you achieved. This is a great wrap yourself in quilt.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Nice quilt! Such a wonderful collection of fabric. It looks so soft and warm.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is a great finish!!! And a great variety of fabrics!!
that backing is just perfect for it!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Just wonderful in every way.