Monday, May 29, 2023

Sixteen Patch - Some Assembly Required


I have completed 70 Sixteen Patch blocks. Now I'm going to put them in my SAR (Some Assembly Required) box to put together at a later date. 

Back in late April I blogged that I received a bag of 2 inch squares.  The Sixteen Patch blocks alternating light and dark centers came to mind so I've been sewing them as leaders/enders most of May. The bag did not have enough light squares so I cleaned out a bag of mine full of ends of 2 inch width neutral scraps mostly left over from making little Spool blocks (over 600 in my collection now). 

The blocks are 6 inches finished and will go into a layout of 7 x 10 blocks for a child's donation quilt 42 x 60 inches. It might even be a fun little I Spy game.

And sew on...

 

4 comments:

Linda said...

Don’t remember seeing these blocks before. Looking forward to seeing how they come together. Your sewing machine must be red hot!

Julierose said...

You are really moving along there!! I really like the 16 patch blocks as you have configured them!! Nice work hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Ooh, I love those blocks! What a great way to make 16 patches that will make a fun design. I'm going to have to remember that one!

Nann said...

Great way to use the squares -- and you don't need to agonize over the designing.