Sunday, May 14, 2023

What's In The Hoop?

What's in the hoop?
Plus Postage


I'm big stitch hand quilting this one. It's fun to see what can show up in a little one inch square. 


The Plus Postage pattern can be found in the April 2016 edition of American Patchwork and Quilting and is designed by Susan Ache. I was inspired but  I didn't follow the instructions. (I looked at the pictures). Susan Ache's version uses strip piecing and only two fabrics per block. I used quite a variety of 1.5 inch squares (postage stamps cut from scraps) and sewed those together one square at a time. 

I'm stitching on the diagonals through the colored blocks in the color of the block.  The plus signs get some big stitching in red 1/4 inch (eyeballed) inside the plus. 

And sew on...



 

14 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

have fun - I see you cram your box full of supplies too

Karla (ThreadBndr) said...

How wonderfully graphic! That's lovely.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

I remember this finished top! I loved it and love it more now that it has a few quilting stitches in it!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Wow, this one is a wonder! I seldom do any strip piecing anymore, I'd rather just sew the blocks one piece at a time. More variety that way, thus more fun!

Nann said...

Your multi-fabric version is lots more interesting than a two-fabric version. Great design! No postage due for you.

Chantal said...

With all the different prints in it, it will be a fun one to quilt. Enjoy! ;^)

Julierose said...

What a lovely piece -- I do love postage stamp quilts...I especially like the red cross in the middle--nice work -- a fun one to hand quilt hugs, Julierose

Linda In UK said...

Looks great. The large red crosses are great.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I think it is more interesting with all of the different prints than it would be with strip piecing with 2 fabrics.

Kim said...

Such a fun and colourful quilt! The big, red crosses are fabulous.

Jenny said...

Plus Postage is a very striking quilt.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

It's a very striking quilt.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I loved this design when you first shared that you were working on it! So glad to see it in the hoop now. I bet it's fun to revisit all those pretty scraps as you quilt along!

CathieJ said...

Enjoy your quilting on this pretty and colorful quilt.