Saturday, May 6, 2023

Monkey (Wrench) Business

5 inch Monkey Wrench blocks
made with 2.5 and 1.5 inch scraps


May is the month to use orange scraps! This week I added to my collections of Monkey Wrench blocks in three different sizes. I've been making them from scraps for almost a year and when it is closer to year end I'll make the blocks into donation quilts.   The thing I like about them is that the three sizes use almost every size scrap I come across.  


7.5 inch Monkey Wrench blocks
made with 3.5 and 2 inch scraps.


10 inch Monkey Wrench blocks 
made with 4.5 and 2.5 inch scraps.

I had been keeping the blocks in a deep flat but...

...I have kind of outgrown the box now.  Time to find a new box.

And sew on...



 

12 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

It is so wonderful to see boxes of blocks just waiting to transform into quilts. Love the three sizes of the blocks.

Linda said...

Great that you have been able to use your orange scraps to such effect in your Monkey Wrench blocks. Hope you have found a large enough to house your ever growing stash of blocks.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

great way to use your orange scraps! love the monkey wrenchs!

Anonymous said...

Love your blocks!

grammajudyb said...

Soon that too tall stack will become a quilt! Exciting! Looking forward to seeing those monkey wrench quilts!

Jenny said...

Just look at all those monkey wrench blocks. You know you've done an awful lot of sewing when you've outgrown your box!

Susan said...

Lots of great fabrics rescued here!

mangozz said...

A new box? How many quilts are you hoping to get? I wouldn't want to keep making them if I had that many already.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I always enjoy seeing your monkey wrench blocks, Cathy! So many fun scraps in them. They're going to make some great quilts!

Pamela Arbour said...

Sew impressive. How many more do you need to make a quilt top?

quiltingbydawn said...

Your monkey wrench blocks look so great in orange! great job!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Love these in Orange!!! I see a quilt in your future .... haha