Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Log Cabin Lunacy

A new Log Cabin top!
60 x 80

(I took the photos a few days ago because I knew snow was in the forecast. Sure enough yesterday about 1.5 inches of snow fell and is still on the ground today.)

In January I used some civil war reproduction scraps and sewed along with Julie (JulieKQuilts) to make ten inch (finished) blocks

I used up all of my neutral scraps but still have a lot of mostly brown scraps left. 


This year I want to try to get anything new that I start to at least flimsy stage before year end. That does exclude Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC) projects since those quilts usually span a year or two at the minimum. 

Speaking of goals...
My OMG (One Monthly Goal) was to assemble at least one top from the "Some Assembly Required" box of complete block sets. This is top #2.   Top #1 was a Double X/Snowball.  Only 7 block sets left in the "Some Assembly Required" box now!


 

17 comments:

Linda said...

I like this flimsy. Not usually a fan of brown but these colours and your log cabin design work really well together. So, only 7 more quilts to appear out of your Some Assembly Required box. Reminds me of Pandora!

Susie H said...

Love the controlled scrappy of this one. Such a neat design. Now, if only those scraps bins would empty out, right?

Nann said...

The hourglass unit at the center makes such a difference! Are they 1-1/2" strips? I've got lots of CW (and CW-ish) browns, too.

maggie fellow said...

it's a beautiful top

pforgerson said...

you are amazing!

Caryl @ cinnamon holiday workshop said...

Oh....I love your quilt....so fun to be part of the Log Cabin Loonies!! I just made a little runner this time to be part of the lunatics!! I don't have it quilted yet!

---"Love" said...

I love the pattern and your color arrangement. It is a beautiful quilt top, and will be a very pretty quilt! ---"Love"

mangozz said...

I love pink and brown together and log cabins too! I like the setting you used also.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Looks lovely, Cathy!! Congrats on finishing another quilt top out of the "Some Assembly Required" box.

Ann said...

What a difference the little hourglass centers make to this log cabin. Congrats on another top.

Pamela Arbour said...

Great progress

QuiltGranma said...

Love this quilt, love the fabrics!

Teresa said...

I do love this quilt and you did such a nice job with your colors. Did you ever say what the pattern is? I would like to try to make one.

audrey said...

Absolutely beautiful! I think you have inspired me with a plan for my leftover hourglass units!:)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

This one is so awesome!!!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Oh, gorgeous!

Patty said...

Lovely! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.