Saturday, March 27, 2021

Little Green Things

Indian Hatchet Blocks that finish at 4 inches. If the RSC color is primary then I add corners that are in secondary colors and vice versa. These were inspired by a vintage quilt. 

These are big Chips that start with 5 inch centers and...

...these are little Chips that start with 2.5 inch centers. For both sets of Chips I try to use jewel tones and I'm also using up a small pile of black and white fabrics. 


 I haven't trimmed the dog ears yet but these are the Hourglasses made from the scraps of some of the above blocks. 

That's it for green for now. I did set aside some scraps for a table topper but haven't made it yet. I will work on it the next time the RSC (Rainbow Scrap Challenge) color is green. There's usually a month for dark green and a month for light green but I used all greens this month. 

17 comments:

maggie fellow said...

I will need two green months as well - I like your scrappy greens

Ivani said...

Big and little chips are darling blocks, Cathy. You use such beautiful greens this month.

Linda said...

Another great collection of green blocks. The Hatchett ones are my favourite.

Shami Immanuel said...

Your quilt blocks are so beautiful. Love the fabrics.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The jewel tones with black and white backgrounds are just great!

Nann said...

When I used greens this month I was surprised to discover how miscellaneous they were -- blued green, yellowed green, grayed green, even browned green. "Chips" is an apt description for the square-in-squares.

Cathy said...

I love your chips. Why is that, when I don’t like mine at all? Oh well. It’s always fun to see all your ideas, projects and spinning plates, lol.

Connie said...

Green reminds us all of Spring . . . such a fresh color.
Happy stitching :)


Maggie said...

Lots of interesting blocks you are working on.

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW many bits of GREEN for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, Cathy!! Way to USE those scraps!

grammajudyb said...

“Chips” are my favorite! Big or small, and the black and white corners really make them stand out! You’ve got some yummy greens!

Jenny said...

Lovely, I do like your chips blocks, both big and small.

gayle said...

Those little hatchets are wonderful! Can't wait to see what they look like when they grow up!
And Chips are near and dear to my heart! I ended up with way more than I thought I'd made this month!

Katie Z. said...

I love the chips. The jewel tones against the black and white are so interesting and vibrant.

scraphappy said...

You did use a lot of greens this month. I'm sure you will find something else to play with when green comes around again though.

Pamela Arbour said...

You have a good start on these!

Ann said...

You are always so productive. These greens are beautiful.