Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Pea Soup Is Finished!



Pea Soup
64 x 80
It's a finish!


This is one of the tops I made last year from a box of 4.5 inch blocks accumulated over the years. 

I only used mostly green blocks to make the top. Most of the 4.5 inch blocks were Four Patches or HSTs. 


I combined the 4.5 inch blocks and some 4.5 inch squares and made a variety of 8 inch (finished) blocks. 

I then made 8 inch (finished) Hourglass blocks from a bag of green scrap chunks to use as an alternate block. 


I quilted it with diagonal, horizontal and vertical lines on my DSM in light green thread I had on hand. 

The binding is a dark green stripe. I was going to go with green scrappy but couldn't decide which greens to use and the green stripe was about the only green I had that would make it around the quilt so I went with that. 

The backing is a light green, very soft and silky and gently used sheet. 

Ready for giving or gifting!



 

15 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a fresh and Spring-y quilt! Love it!

Shami Immanuel said...

Quilt is looking vibrant in spring colours.

Linda said...

A great quilt. Like all the variations of the blocks. Pea Soup is a good name for your quilt.

maggie fellow said...

looks like a nice assortment of green

Ann said...

I think it's a spring salad. So many lovely greens. Funny how we both choose binding similarly... whatever there's enough of to go around the quilt. Congratulations on a lovely finish.

Preeti said...

And it is yummy...perfect for the cold weather :-D

scraphappy said...

What a great name for a green quilt. I love it!

The Joyful Quilter said...

What time's dinner, Cathy? I love Pea Soup!! :o))

Cathy said...

What a great green quilt, and a great name too!

Hubblebird said...

I am always amazed at how you put scraps together. I love the different blocks and the simple quilting. Someone is going to be very lucky to get this one.

Marianne said...

Looks great! Good way to use up those scrappy blocks that seem to linger in the orphan box. I like the way you quilted it, too.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What a perfect name for this one!! Its awesome!

gayle said...

That's a mighty tasty looking soup!

Sherrill said...

Turned out great and LOVE the name--perfect!

Emily said...

Love this! And of course, you always have the best quilt names. Love the straight line quilting, too, and the patterns the lines made.