Sunday, March 21, 2021

And Then There Were Forty-Eight

I just finished the last five Plus Postage blocks. Now I have forty-eight ten inch (finished) blocks. 

Now this complete block set is ready for the "Some Assembly Required" box of complete block sets that need to be assembled into tops. 

The Plus Postage pattern can be found in the April 2016 edition of American Patchwork and Quilting and is designed by Susan Ache. I didn't follow the instructions. (I looked at the pictures). Susan Ache's version uses strip piecing and only two fabrics per block. I used quite a variety of 1.5 inch squares (postage stamps cut from scraps) and sewed those together one square at a time. 

Oh Scrap! at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework



 

11 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your blocks look great! I'm looking forward to seeing a finished flimsy, happy stitching!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

These are such great blocks! I work the same way you do--look at the picture in a pattern, add in more scraps, and sew one piece at a time. I used to strip piece, but I'm not in that much of a hurry anymore.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Can I get directions to your "Some Assembly Required" box? I'd like to snatch these out of there and make the quilt for myself! :P

Wendy F said...

What terrific blocks! It will be a wonderful quilt when they are all together.

Barbara Sindlinger said...

I really need to do something like this. I have a shoebox full of 2" squares and this would be perfect.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Congratulations on getting all the blocks made! They're going to make a great quilt!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I am really looking forward to seeing all these blocks together in a quilt. Hope it moves up the list quickly. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Mystic Quilter said...

Having missed a few blog posts lately I'm just catching up and these Plus Postage blocks are so different with the plus in the middle, it's going to be good to see the finished quilt top.

Linda said...

Another great quilt ready to be assembled. The red Plus signs are really eye catching.

Lynette said...

This is a super fun rainbow scraps project, and that's a good system you've got going - with the Some Assembly Required box and all.

Shami Immanuel said...

Blocks are looking good. Looking forward for the finish.