89 x 89
Quilted on my DSM
This was inspired by a vintage quilt.
You can read about that and more on my previous post in April when I finished the top.
I just did some simple horizontal, vertical and diagonal line quilting following (for the most part) along the lines of some parts of the quilt.
It hasn't been washed and dried so it will get a little crinklier with shrinkage when that happens. I just have a wringer washer (I'm not complaining. I actually enjoy doing laundry) but it is difficult to get enough water out of it to put it in the dryer and I don't want to hang it on the line that wet so I'll take it and several other large quilts to the laundromat one of these days.
This is one I'll rotate and use on our bed. Our old farm house is mostly heated by a wood stove and sometimes that goes out on a cold winter night (again, not complaining...) so it's nice to hunker down under a pile of quilts when that happens. Of course then we never want to get out of bed and start the fire.
I used the same fabric for the binding as I used for the sashing but I didn't have quite enough...
...so I grabbed a long scrap of a brown fabric from the 2.5 inch scrap bin.
And the backing was a solid brown thrift store sheet. A great bargain at $2.50.