Friday, August 31, 2018

Vintage Thingamajigs Block Tally

I call these blocks Vintage Thingamajigs. 

 After two months of working on these blocks with 29 pieces for only 20 minutes each day I now have 46 blocks.    They are my version of vintage blocks I saw on Flickr.  There are two versions there and my blocks are more like the ones in the back.   I am aiming for 140-154 blocks for a twin bed sized quilt. 

I was called away from home unexpectedly for a few days so I did make up those 20 minute daily time slots when I came back home. Those 20 minute sessions also include cutting pieces, trimming dog ears and winding bobbins and not just sewing time.  

Of course this isn't the only thing I work on for 20 minutes each day. 

How many will I have finished next month? Stay tuned! 


13 comments:

gayle said...

I love your thingamajigs! That red background just makes everything sparkle!
And from looking at yours, I can see that I need more stripes and plaids in mine!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Great idea to spend 20 minutes in your sewing room, every day. You will have very soon your 140 or 154 blocks!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I will be starting mine in January -- so much to get done between now and then so the slate is clear. I love watching your version evolve.

Linda said...

Amazing how those 20 minute slots add up! Love the bright red in your blocks.

Julierose said...

This is just so "Old Timey" looking--I love that!;)))) The red is a perfect complement for those fabrics...hugs, Julierose

em's scrapbag said...

Good progress on such cute blocks!

Sally Trude said...

Yup, today is the day when reading your blog blindfolded was brilliant...just like your quilt (I assume).

Louise said...

Your Thingamajigs are looking good! Working a little bit each day is how all the quilts get made. My machine has been down for 4-5 days and I feel behind on my "little bits" of time. Fortunately, DH fixed it today so I'm ready to leap back in.

Janie said...

Lots of wonderful scrappiness!
Great work and always inspiring here.

Kaja said...

I have noticed you've got quite a few people working to your 20 minute method now. I am using it for the jobs I don't want to do and it works a treat. Vintage thingamajigs are looking great.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

You always make the most interesting quilts. Also a treat to see what you are up too Looks very vintage so you are spot on when choosing your fabrics.

audrey said...

Love the vintage look to these! Something about that red!! lol

Pam @ Quilting Fun said...

Love everything red!