Tuesday, August 28, 2018

What's in the Book?

 I recently found these four patch blocks stored inside this book when I was looking through my books for something else.   Surprise! Out of sight, out of mind, I guess.  And, no, I don't normally store quilt blocks in books. 
I see according to my blog I started this quilt in September 2014 and then I evidently stashed it in a safe place - the pattern book.   I was going to make it to use some fall fabrics and thought it would remind me of  a nice hike on a trail through autumn woods. 
 With step 1 done I moved on to step 2 which was to make 38 double four patches.   So I made those a couple of days ago and am ready for step 3 now. 
This time I left the blocks laying out where I could see them. 

Moving another UFO forward...
More later!

8 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Several of my friends have made this quilt. Haven't seen a bad one yet!

Quilter Kathy said...

You store blocks in books, and I store blocks in refrigerators... we are very creative!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

That is a pretty combination of fabrics - just right for the cooling temperatures! It is amazing the places we find to store our blocks so they will be safe.

gayle said...

Ingenious use of a book for a block safe!
I've got that pattern somewhere, too. It's on my list, but you're not tempting me AGAIN into starting another quilt. (Well, maybe...)

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Storing the blocks might have been a good idea at the time. I have resorted to using 12 x 12 scrap paper storage boxes as project boxes. I have misplaced too many pieces and have learned my lesson., lol. I like the quilt blocks too.
xx, Carol

Louise said...

Neat pattern! I'm glad it resurfaced with some finished blocks, so it's ready for relaunch!

Barb Neiwert said...

Sounds like something I might do....but I forget if I've done that or not????

Judy P. said...

When I put something away for "safe keeping" I never see it again. Sigh.