Saturday, January 11, 2014

Getting Rid of the Blues


The scrap color of the month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge is blue.  I've figured out numerous ways to get rid of my various sized scraps this year.  Last week I used up a lot of 2.5 inch pieces. 

I made a Blue Sue to go with my Brown Sue.  Pieces are 1.5 inches. The vintage pattern is from the Q is for Quilter blog. 


In other postage stamp news...I finished a 6 inch postage stamp heart and I finished my 10th blue 7 inch postage stamp block. 


And, finally, I made four 9 inch wonky log cabin blocks from various sized scraps and sewed them all together into an 18 inch block.  Twelve of these blocks should make a nice sized quilt. 

If you are using up some blue scraps join the RSC 2014 Scrap Happy Saturday linky party at SoScrappy.



19 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Those log cabin blocks will be wonderful !

Julierose said...

Oh I love your "Blue Sue"--Just adorable...wouldn't it be cute for a special granddaughter??? hugs, Julierose

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I agree...I absolutely love your blue and brown Sues!!! I added myself as a new GFC follower as I want to be sure not to miss our on your progress with them! (Stopping by from RSC14). Happy Day.

Sheila said...

Oh my! I love all your blue fabrics and blocks! You use all your tiny pieces of fabric!

Kathy S. said...

Oh how I love Blue and Brown Sue. Now I'm inspired!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Those are all great. YOu really like the small pieced don't you ;-)

Cathy said...

Wow! Look at you go! Your Sues are wonderful. What a great idea for different colours, because no girl has just one outfit in only one colour.

Karen said...

Your log cabin blocks are lovely. I like all your different blocks. I really will be anxious to see your Sunbonnet Sue finished,

Angie said...

The Sue blocks are just adorable! And the postage stamp heart looks like a great scrap-buster and perfect for gift-giving.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Those Sues are really cute and the heart block is calling my name for some red and pink squares!

Terri in BC said...

Beautiful ways to use up your blues! I also like the name of your blog - I, too, love using my scraps right down to the crumbs.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

You have been very busy!

Julie in GA said...

Lots of great looking blocks! I especially like your wonky log cabins.

scraphappy said...

Blue Sue looks so happy next to brown Sue. You sure did find a lot of ways to use up your scraps. Congratulations.

Ellen said...

Wow....you just get so much done on so many terrific projects. Your Sue's are adorable!

Anonymous said...

You sew some nice blue blocks. Well done.

KatieQ said...

I love your Sunbonnet Sues and postage stamp blocks. 1.5 inch charms are too much of a challenge for me, but it looks as though you handle them with ease.

Beth said...

great blocks and use of blue! Love all your crazy quilts and embroidery too! Thanks for visiting my blog. Happy scrapping!
Beth in AZ
bzyqltr.blogspot.com

Deb A said...

So many pretty blue projects going on. I love the idea of your log cabin blocks. Those Q's are very darling too.