Monday, January 27, 2014

Getting Ready to Swap


I'm a member of the Block Swappers Yahoo Group and I joined up for several swaps due in March. 

One of the swaps is called Dots and Dashes and is a 6 inch (finished) Shoo Fly block. Use two different contrasting fabrics in the blocks - one a dash and one a dot.  

Aren't they fun? 

And we are swapping 3 inch 9 patch blocks again this year.  I turned all the 9Ps I swapped over the last couple of years into 5 inch Sister's Choice blocks and finished up a quilt last year that I just love. 


This year I will be using my leftover blocks plus the new swapped blocks to make two different Jack's Chain  quilts. The top one will use white/cream/tan fabrics for the hexagons and triangles and the bottom one will have Kona Navy hexagons and different TOT triangles.   Whichever one I like best after all is said and done will be a wedding quilt for another grandchild's hope chest. 


We are also swapping 4 inch (finished) four patches. The last few years 4 different fabrics were required in the four patches (2 dark and 2 cream/white/tan) but this year they only need two different fabrics. 


With some of the blocks swapped in the past I joined them to make one of the blocks of an Arkansas Crossroads quilt. In the X blocks I'll use all blue corners. 

We also will be swapping 4.5 inch HSTs again. 

A few years ago I made a Buckeye Beauty quilt from the swapped HSTs and 4 Patches. 

This year I think I'm going to make them into 16 inch Depression Blocks.  I made a quilt out of 12 inch Depression Blocks and loved it so will try one with 16 inch blocks this time. 

Interested in swapping? Join the Block Swappers Yahoo Group. 

And since I've shown you several things on my batting covered cutting mat propped up against the wall Design Wall this cold Monday evening I will be linking up to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times. 


2 comments:

Gina said...

What a great load of swap blocks. The quilts you make from them will be lovely xx

Ellen said...

Fun looking design wall. I really like the Jack's Chain blocks. Thanks for including the link.